Project Monitoring with Decision Support System for the University Infrastructure Development Office
- Database system,
- Project management,
- Project monitoring
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 The QUEST: Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Project Monitoring is the process of keeping track of all project-related metrics that includes task duration and team performance, identifying potential problems and taking corrective actions necessary to ensure that each project is within the scope, budget, and specified timeframe. The University Infrastructure Development Office still has the traditional way of manually keeping the records of each project such as printed copy. The risk of having a permanent file document that is being produced as hard copy can be vulnerable to fire, flood, insects and so much more where we cannot retrieve those important files in case of those unexpected situations.
This research project employed the Agile Software Development Methodology to develop an Online Project Monitoring System that can be used by the university in the infrastructure development section to give them a much more organized project tracking, reviewing and regulating the progress in order to meet the performance objectives of each project across the university. The system aims to help the institution to digitize the printed records of projects in the university in an organized manner and stored securely in a database system. The researcher adapted the ISO/IEC 25010 criteria as an evaluation tool to assess the system’s functional suitability, performance efficiency, compatibility, usability, reliability, security, maintainability, and portability.
The assessment and evaluation results of the system indicates that the PMDSS passed and conformed with the standard software quality requirements and met all the end-users expectation and objectives that will greatly help them in monitoring of projects and making them more productive. This proves that the system can improve the management of running projects across the university and decision making of the Infrastructure Development Office.
- Agile Software Development Life Cycle. (2022). https://www.wrike.com/agile-guide/agile-development-life-cycle/
- Aquino, J., Alcantara, G., Cruz, A. D., Esteban, A. P., & Sonza, R. (2023, May). Detection of Rice Planthopper Using Image Processing Techniques. In 2023 International Conference on Disruptive Technologies (ICDT) (pp. 513-518). IEEE.
- Boogard, K. (2022). What you need to know about requirements gathering: https://www.wrike.com/blog/requirements-gathering-guide/#What-is-requirements-gathering-in-project-management
- Creswell, J.W., & Creswell, J.D. (2018). Mixed methods procedures. In, Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (5th ed., 213-246). https://researchguides.gonzaga.edu/qualitative/mixed-methods
- Crossman, A. (2020). Understanding Purposive Sampling.
- Decision Support System (DSS). (2022).
- Dionisio, J. K., & Sonza, R. (2022). A Geographic and Analytic System for the Stock Assessment Program of National Fisheries Research and Development Institute. The Quest: Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, 1(2).
- Donais, M. (2017). Five Disadvantages of Project Management Software. https://entry.com/project-management-software/five-disadvantages-of-project-management-software/
- Five Phases of Project Management. (2022). https://kissflow.com/project/five-phases-of-project-management/
- Grady, J. (2016) System Development.
- Infrastructure. (2012). https://www.dictionary.com/browse/infrastructure
- Institution. (2012). https://www.dictionary.com/browse/institution
- Leeuwen, T.V., Melkers, J. & Reale, E. (2020). Research evaluation. https://academic.oup.com/rev/pages/About
- Mleke, M. N., & Dida, M. A. (2020). “A Web-based Monitoring and Evaluation System for Government Projects in Tanzania: The Case of Ministry of Health”, Eng. Technol. Appl. Sci. Res., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 6109–6115,
- Nuwandinda, D. (2017). Project Progress Monitoring System. https://www.academia.edu/35398973/PROJECT_PROGRESS_MONITORING_SYSTEM
- Pandey, A. K., Agarkar, P. M., Esteban, A. P. L., Selvakumar, V., Gupta, A., & Athawale, S. V. (2022). Cluster Based Grid Computing with Privacy Preserving Optimization Using Deep Learning Technique. International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications in Engineering, 10(2s), 272-275.
- Project Monitoring Software. (2022).
- Project Monitoring System meaning and its importance. (2017). https://firstname.lastname@example.org/project-monitoring-system-meaning-and-its-importance-616ebd5c8d36
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Figure. (2019). https://www.winklix.com/blog/software-development-life-cycle-sdlc/