SK Reform Law of 2015: Perspectives of Sangguniang Kabataan in Cabanatuan City, Philippines
- Duties and functions,
- SK Reform Law,
- Youth participation
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 The QUEST: Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
As of 2021, the International Monetary Fund ranked the Philippines as the 27th largest economy in the world based on nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP), and the 10th largest economy in Asia. As a result, the nation has complete faith in the leadership abilities of its youth and is committed to promoting the common welfare. The study is a welcome addition to the relevant literature because it determined the SK Chaipersons' knowledge of and compliance with the 2015 SK Reform Law (Republic Act No. 10742). The fact that the majority of SK Chairpersons in Cabanatuan City was aware of the 2015 SK Reform Law is an encouraging sign that the elected youth in Cabanatuan City is responsible and accountable in their position as SK Chairperson. The awareness of the SK Chairperson plays a vital role in our society and can encourage youth participation in activities. Yet, there is still a need to further develop the technical skills of the youth so that they can perform their duties effectively.
- Balanon, F., Ong, M., Torre, B., Puzon, M., Granada, J. & Trinidad, A. (2007). The Impact of Youth Participation in the Local Government Process.
- Berthin, G. (2014). Youth Political Participation in Local Governments: Initial Evidence from Latin America. Social and Economic Studies, 63(3/4), 107-142. ResearchGate.
- Bincof, M. (2018). The Role of Youth in Political Participation in Somalia. 23. 64-74. 10.9790/0837-2310026474. ResearchGate.
- Dumbrique, J. S. (2014). Age as Determinant of Performance in Local Governance and Community Development of the Sangguniang Kabataan (Youth Organization). Philippine EJournals. https://ejournals.ph/article.php?id=2312
- Evangelista, A. (2018). Kabataang Barangay: Get to know the forerunner of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
- Gavilan, J. (2018). Perks of Sangguniang Kabataan officials. Rappler. https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/privileges-sangguniang-kabataan-officials
- Little, D. (2013). Youth studies. Understanding Society. https://understandingsociety.blogspot.com/2013/08/youth-studies.html
- Taft, J. and Gordon, H. (2013). SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals. SAGE Journals. https://journals.sagepub.com/action/cookieAbsent
- Thaler, RH., and Sunstein, CR. (2009). Nudge. London: Penguin.
- Tuquero, L. (2018). Youth Commission gives SK leaders “24 steps” for reforms. https://www.rappler.com/nation/sangguniang-kabataan-reform-program-national-youth-commission
- Tyler, TR. (2006). Psychological Perspectives on Legitimacy and Legitimation. Annual Review of Psychology 57:375-400.
- United Nations Youth. (2013). YOUTH, POLITICAL PARTICIPATION, AND DECISION-MAKING. https://www.un.org/esa/socdev/documents/youth/fact-sheets/youth-political-participation.pdf