Assessing the Challenges and Enhancing Research Writing Competencies among DepEd Teachers in Nueva Ecija: A Quantitative Analysis
- DepEd Teachers,
- Research Writing Competencies,
- Philippine Education
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 The QUEST: Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
This study focused on evaluating the difficulties faced by 60 teachers of the Department of Education (DepEd) in Nueva Ecija across various ranks in the realm of research writing. The study underscored the pressing need to build the research writing and data analysis capabilities of DepEd teachers, aligning with the evolving goals of the DepEd Central Office aimed at fostering a culture of research in basic education across the Philippines. Through surveys and statistical analyses, this research identified the key challenges confronted by DepEd teachers in Nueva Ecija, shedding light on the obstacles that hindered their effective engagement in research activities. These challenges included limited research experience, inadequate access to resources, and time constraints, among others. This study contributed significantly to the Philippine education system by addressing a critical need for improving the research competencies of DepEd teachers. The findings highlighted the development of a comprehensive training program tailored to the unique needs of DepEd teachers in Nueva Ecija, with the potential for broader applicability across the entire Philippines. The envisioned training program aimed to equip educators with the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake research and data analysis effectively, thereby promoting a culture of research excellence within the Philippine basic education sector.
- Bogdan, R., & Biklen, S. K. (2018). Qualitative research for education: An introduction to theories and methods. Wiley.
- Borg, S. (2003). Research in foreign language teaching and learning. In D. Nunan (Ed.), Practical English Language Teaching (pp. 47-67). McGraw-Hill.
- Cohen, L., Manion, L., & Morrison, K. (2017). Research methods in education. Routledge.
- Creswell, J. W., & Creswell, J. D. (2017). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. Sage publications.
- DepEd Order No. 13, s. 2017. (2017). Implementing Guidelines on the Conduct of Off-Campus Activities. Department of Education, Philippines.
- DepEd Order No. 42, s. 2016. (2016). Policy Guidelines on Daily Lesson Preparation for the K to 12 Basic Education Program. Department of Education, Philippines.
- Fraenkel, J. R., Wallen, N. E., & Hyun, H. H. (2012). How to design and evaluate research in education. McGraw-Hill.
- Gay, L. R., Mills, G. E., & Airasian, P. (2011). Educational research: Competencies for analysis and applications. Pearson.
- Johnson, R. B., & Christensen, L. (2019). Educational research: Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed approaches. Sage publications.
- Merriam, S. B., & Tisdell, E. J. (2015). Qualitative research: A guide to design and implementation. Jossey-Bass.
- Miles, M. B., Huberman, A. M., & Saldana, J. (2020). Qualitative data analysis: A methods sourcebook. Sage publications.
- Ravid, R. (2019). Practical statistics for educators. Rowman & Littlefield.
- Salkind, N. J. (2010). Statistics for people who (think they) hate statistics. Sage publications.
- Suter, W. N., & Suter, W. N. (2016). Introduction to educational research: A critical thinking approach. Sage publications.
- Wiersma, W., & Jurs, S. G. (2009). Research methods in education: An introduction. Pearson.