The Marketing Practices in the Rabbit Meat Industry: Basis for a Marketing Plan
- 4Ps Model of Marketing Mix,
- Marketing Plan Framework,
- Rabbit Meat Industry
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 The QUEST: Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
This study aimed to describe the marketing practices in the rabbit meat industry in Region III based on the 4Ps Model of Marketing Mix. The descriptive research design was used which involved 59 rabbit meat producers. Revealed in this study was a decline in the 2021 annual production because of the apparent lack of demand, unpopularity despite claims of its nutritive value and prohibitive price of ₱400 per kilo in the market today. There was an attempt to introduce the said meat either as raw meat or palatable food by some sellers. Findings further showed that rabbit farmers in the region preferred to raise the New Zealand White stock for its various benefits, including its high-quality meat for commercial uses. The Department of Agriculture endorsed rabbit meat as an alternative meat source for Filipinos because of the onset of the African Swine Flu. Thus, the researchers encourage to use this study as a basis for the development of a marketing plan for the rabbit meat industry.
- Cooper, D.R. & Schindler,P.S. (2011). Business Research Methods. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, 10020.
- Cullere, M. & Dalle Zotte, A. (2018). Rabbit meat production and consumption: State of knowledge and future perspectives. Meat Science, Volume 143, Pages 137-146. ISSN 0309-1740. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2018.04.029.
- Fanatico, A. & Green, C. (2012). Small-Scale Sustainable Rabbit Production. NCAT Agriculture Specialists. NCAT IP445. Retrieved from https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54933166e4b00173e5357840/t/5c0841d7352f53d39e0d430d/1544045018306/rabbitproduction.pdf
- Go, A. W. & Conag, A. T. (2019). Utilizing sugarcane leaves/straws as source of bioenergy in the Philippines: A case in the Visayas Region. Renewable Energy. Volume 132, Pages 1230-1237. ISSN 0960-1481. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2018.09.029
- Harris, D. R. & Fuller, D. Q. (2014) Agriculture: Definition and Overview. Encyclopedia of Global Archaeology (Claire Smith, Ed.). Springer, New York. pp 104-113. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4419-0465-264
- Osei, D., Apori, S. & Osafo, E. (2012). Rabbit Production in Selected Urban Areas of Southern Ghana: Status and Implications for Policy and Research. Animal Production 14(2):131-140. Retrieved from https://www.neliti.com/publications/65143/rabbit-production-in-selected-urban-areas-of-southern-ghana-status-and-implicati
- Rivas, R. (2021). Rabbit as alternative to pork? It’s quite pricey in PH. Rappler. Retrieved from https://www.rappler.com/business/rabbit-alternative-to-pork-quite-pricey-philippines
- Rodriguez, O. (2019). Help wanted: Encouraging new blood to take interest in agriculture. Department of Agriculture. Retrieved from https://www.da.gov.ph/help-wanted-encouraging-new-blood-to-take-interest-in-agriculture/#:~:text
- Simangan, R.V. (2012) The Marketing Mix Strategies of Manufacturing Micro-enterprise in Nueva Ecija [Unpublished doctoral dissertation]. Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology
- The Pig Site. (2021). Philippines declares “state of calamity” due to ASF. Retrieved from https://www.thepigsite.com/news/2021/05/ asf?fbclid=IwAR2na1cazP_qTy2VLwSnELG8Vnh2BfKVAe9PPNGse
- Veneracion, A.M. (2017). An Overview of the Rabbit Industry in the Philippines. Agriculture. Retrieved from https://www.agriculture.com.ph/2017/11/21/an-overview-of-the-rabbit-industry-in-the-philippines/
- West, P.W. (2016). Simple random sampling of individual items in the absence of a sampling frame that lists the individuals. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 46, 15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40490-016-0071-1